- 1 package extra firm tofu, drained and lightly dried, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- S&P to taste
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cups white rice, cooked as you desire (rice cooker, Instant Pot, etc.)
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup shoyu or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- splash of chili oil (optional)
- sesame seeds for topping (optional)
- Heat a non-stick skillet, cast iron works great, until hot. Add EVOO and S&P to the skillet. Gently place tofu slices on the skillet. Allow to brown & crisp, approximately 10-15 minutes a side. When they’re ready, they’ll flip right over. Repeat on side 2. Drain on paper towel.
- While you wait for tofu, combine all ingredients for the sauce in a sauce pan. Heat for 20 minutes to allow to thicken lightly.
- Cook your rice as you like
- Prepare your veggies. I like the air fryer at 350 for 10-15 minutes, but you can also sauté or steam your broccoli and sauté your onions.