Got nuts, seeds, and oats? Add a few additional ingredients for these fatty, sustaining energy cookies you can grab and eat.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (can be replaced with chia seeds, chocolate chips, shredded nuts, etc., but the texture will vary based on what you pick and what you have on hand!)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice
- 2 tbsp ghee (you can omit this to make the recipe vegan, but I think ghee makes everything both tastier and more nutritiously dense)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- if your nut butter or ghee is salted, no need for extra salt, or you could add a dusting of salt if you’d like
- optional seasoning: cinnamon, masala, chai spice, turmeric, etc.
- stir everything until well combined
- refrigerate one hour
- roll into balls
- store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 1 week << they NEVER last that long in our house