- 1 cup of buttermilk – I used vegan … 1 cup oat milk and 1 tbsp vinegar, let set for 10 mins, so do this first!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp masala
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, made into a paste by blending in a food processor for 30 seconds
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1/3 cup of chopped dates
- 1 stick of butte, melted and cooled
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
Preheat the oven to 400°F
Mix together the oats, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, spices, walnuts, dates, and raisins. In a separate bowl mix together the milk, egg, vanilla, and butter.
Pour the wet into the dry and stir to just combine, careful not to overmix.
Scoop into greased muffin tin, bake for 20 minutes or until ready in the middle. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin then transfer to a cooling rack.