Bethany Henderson Eanes is a meditation and yoga therapist in private practice in Los Angeles, California. She founded and operated The Yoga Harbor, a community wellness studio in Torrance, California, from 2016 through 2020. Bethany’s education and experience covers a wide breadth of topics. She specializes in nervous system care, centered on womyn and maternal health. She offers direct instruction on stress resiliency so mothers can be more present, rested and attuned caregivers.
Bethany is a former collegiate athlete who spent her life on the soccer pitch. She knows first-hand that our bodies give us direct knowledge of and keys to our mental well-being. This first-hand experience is joined by knowledge from with each training Bethany takes, including:
- Pursuing board certification as a Lactation Consultant
- Certified Lactation Educator, BreastfeedLA (2022)
- Applied Polyvagal Theory in Yoga, Polyvagal Institute (2022)
- Polyvagal Theory: Principles and Practice for Individuals, Polyvagal Institute (2022)
- Certified Ayurvedic Post Partum Practitioner, Ayurvedic Mamas (2021)
- Yoga for Preschoolers and Children with Special Needs, Yoga In My School (2020)
- Treat While You Train, The Role Model Method (2019)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction “MBSR,” InsightLA (2016)
- Meditation & Yoga for Transforming Trauma, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health (2014)
- Props & Supported Poses, Noah Maze (2012)
- The Progression of Action in Backbends, Marla Apt (2011)
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT500), Mukti Yoga School (2009)
- B.S. in History, Writing, Interdisciplinary Humanities, Washington University in St. Louis (2006)
At the heart of Bethany’s work are her core values of REST and CONNECTION. She nourishes these values through daily meditation, a sometimes-wacky creative practice, and hosting classes, dinners and retreats for womyn and families.
Bethany is mother to two (rather young) daughters. They check in every day to ensure she’s written her morning pages and taken time for her afternoon meditation.