Bethany Henderson Eanes is a creative writer, meditation teacher, kitchen healer and yoga therapist in Los Angeles, California.
I founded and operated The Yoga Harbor, a community wellness studio in Torrance, California, from 2016 through 2020, and now operate primarily in private practice as “The Harbor,” a name which encompasses the many different paths to wellness.
I specialize in nervous system care, centered on womyn and maternal health, teaching on stress resiliency so mothers can be more present, rested and attuned beings.
For me, the journey to a better self plays endlessly with the creative journey. As an artist/mother, I look for every opportunity to bring expression and beauty into life, from my more ambitious published writing efforts to (often equally ambitious!) hand-felted birthday crowns and ancestral recipe explorations.
Along the way to my own personal discovery, I’ve been lucky enough to learn from the best in the practice areas of:
- Certified Lactation Educator, BreastfeedLA (2022)
- Applied Polyvagal Theory in Yoga, Polyvagal Institute (2022)
- Polyvagal Theory: Principles and Practice for Individuals, Polyvagal Institute (2022)
- Certified Ayurvedic Post Partum Practitioner, Ayurvedic Mamas (2021)
- Yoga for Preschoolers and Children with Special Needs, Yoga In My School (2020)
- Treat While You Train, The Role Model Method (2019)
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction “MBSR,” InsightLA (2016)
- Meditation & Yoga for Transforming Trauma, Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health (2014)
- Props & Supported Poses, Noah Maze (2012)
- The Progression of Action in Backbends, Marla Apt (2011)
- Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher (ERYT500), Mukti Yoga School (2009)
- B.S. in History, Writing, Interdisciplinary Humanities, Washington University in St. Louis (2006)
I am mother to two (rather young) daughters. They check in every day to ensure I’ve written my morning pages and taken time for my afternoon meditation.